Last year the #OutdoorFamilies community was rocked with the news of the violent murder of Axel, the son of one of our own – Jen Charrette of Velo Mom. Axel was a vibrant little boy who loved to ride his Strider balance bike, and adored his parents and older brother Kalden.
Wanting to honor the memory of their beloved son, the Charettes founded The Axel Project, a non-profit organization with a mission to introduce balance bikes and instruction to kids in need, from 18 months to 5 years old.
On the first anniversary of Axel’s passing, the Charettes launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund “Zoom!” – a children’s picture book about a little boy (based on Axel) and his balance bike adventures.
The #OutdoorFamilies bloggers have come together to support Zoom! and the Charrette Family in their new endeavor. We think “Zoom!” is a beautiful way to commemorate the life of Axel, and introduce little ones to the joys of riding a balance bike.
We hope you’ll give to the Kickstarter campaign and help make “Zoom!” a reality.
Our fellow #OutdoorFamilies bloggers are also supporting this project!
- The Joy of Riding, Outdoors, Mud & a Little Boy by Chasqui Mom
- Making Lemonade Out of Life’s Lemons by Mommy Loves Trees
- Zoom! The Story of a Boy & His Balance Bike by Tales of a Mountain Family
- Zoom! The Healing Power of Two Wheels by Expect Adventure
- It’s a Delightful, Dazzling, Dream-Filled Dirty World by Rocks and Sun
- Let’s Give a Kickstart to Zoom! The Story of a Boy & His Balance Bike by Mommyhiker.com
- Today is Zoom Day by On The Beaten Path
- Bloggies, Bikes & Books by Velomom
- An Amazing Kickstarter campaign for Zoom & The Axel Project by Active Kids Active Family
- Zoom! Remembering Axel’s Love of Biking by Colorado Mountain Mom
- Zoom Day – Let’s Get The First Balance Bike Book Published! by Family Adventures in the Canadian Rockies